All i'll say is they've produced some very decent footballer over the last few years. Hopefully he's good.
Tracking summer window rumours/lies
Just went through some Partizan fans forums and they would be absolutely furious if they lose him. Their owner is all about money and they think if a good bid comes in he won't hesitate to sell (que Biggus comparing them to us).
Anyway he has potential to be a great target man, called up to national team for upcoming qualifiers and their NT coach said he is the best forward in the country already (high praise indeed). He certainly is in the same talent bracket as Nastasic, Ljajic, Jovetic etc. produced by Partizan in recent years.
The journo reporting is pretty reliable, reporter for CNN Italy and Gazzetta dello Sport. The player himself tweeted that the deal is not done yet, but there was contact from us, deleted his twitter account soon afterwards.
Dragan wrote:Just went through some Partizan fans forums and they would be absolutely furious if they lose him. Their owner is all about money and they think if a good bid comes in he won't hesitate to sell (que Biggus comparing them to us).
Anyway he has potential to be a great target man, called up to national team for upcoming qualifiers and their NT coach said he is the best forward in the country already (high praise indeed). He certainly is in the same talent bracket as Nastasic, Ljajic, Jovetic etc. produced by Partizan in recent years.
The journo reporting is pretty reliable, reporter for CNN Italy and Gazzetta dello Sport. The player himself tweeted that the deal is not done yet, but there was contact from us, deleted his twitter account soon afterwards.
Fascinating that you have done more research than 98% of journos out there.
Cheers for that
Really informative post indeed.
Now find out about the tattoo for Burnsy aswell please.
Edit: moved to the youngsters thread.
One of Neymar's former investors has called on FIFA to investigate the Brazilian starlet's transfer to Barcelona, saying he has not received his fair share of the €57 million Barcelona say they paid to sign the player from Santos.
At Neymar's unveiling at Camp Nou on Monday, Barca vice-president Jose Maria Bartomeu said the Catalan club had paid a total of €57 million divided among Santos and the various other stakeholders involved in the deal.
Bartomeu also confirmed to reporters at the press conference that a €10 million 'downpayment' previously made by Barca was included in that €57 million total.
One of the 'stakeholders' involved was investment fund DIS, whose executive director Roberto Moreno has told Catalan radio station RAC1 that he believes Barca broke FIFA rules by paying the €10 million while the player was under contract at Santos.
"Barca recognised that they advanced €10 million when Neymar was a Santos player," Moreno said. "This is a serious breach of FIFA regulations because the player was then under contract at Santos."
DIS reportedly owned 40% of Neymar's rights up until this week, and therefore would have expected to receive a share of €22.8 million from the transfer. However, Moreno said DIS were to receive only €9.6 million from Santos [40% of €17 million].
"We saw on the television that Barça have said the transfer was done for €57 million," Moreno said. "And here Santos are talking about €17 million. We feel tricked. Santos is leaving out the truth so that the investors receive less."
Speaking on Monday, Bartomeu gave some details of the negotiations, but said he could not give an exact breakdown of the figures which each party would receive.
"The negotiations were very long and sometimes quite difficult, involving four parties - Santos, DIS, Teisa and another sporting consultancy," Bartomeu said. "The percentages in the deal are a matter of confidentiality."
The sporting consultancy mentioned by Bartomeu is thought to be N&N, which is controlled by Neymar's father.
So what was reported few years ago is true about Barca already "signed" Neymar since years ago?
Disgusting club but you can be sure FIFA and UEFA wont have the balls to deal with them.
Pwaaaah stinks of shit in 'ere
qs! wrote:Disgusting club but you can be sure FIFA and UEFA wont have the balls to deal with them.
I am sure they aren't the only ones doing it. These kinds of arrangements are rampant in football.
Usually involves a deal with an 'agent' of some sort.
Press don't have a clue who are targets are do they
Far too many random links
Far more than any other summer
I wouldn't exactly classify caughtoffside as press. Houseboat generator, more like.
Caughtoffside is a hit generating abomination of a website
@lorddulaarsenal wrote:Press don't have a clue who are targets are do they
Far too many random links
Far more than any other summer
Probably because we don't have a standout target other than youth players.
Strange rumour: "Newcastle closing in on deal for Gervinho"
"http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9067569.Newcastle_closing_in_on_deal_for_Gervinho/
Fantastic.Mr.Fox wrote:Strange rumour: "Newcastle closing in on deal for Gervinho"
"http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9067569.Newcastle_closing_in_on_deal_for_Gervinho/
They were interested when we signed him, maybe they still are.
I don't mind Gervinho, but think we can do better than him.
Gervinho is the kind of player that I don't never ever want to see on an arsenal shit.
Garbage player.
If Gervinho goes then we need a new winger, and not some sideways passing, good on the ball but never goes at people AM type I mean a quick, direct winger in a similar mould to Gerv but just better.
Ox, Theo, Podolski & Santi.. I'd be ok with that if we bought a wc striker & mid.